So the other day after about a days work of fixing whatever bugs I could find and updating the installation packages and language files to the best of my ability I released version 0.4.0. Within hours there had been several hundred downloads, and all was good.
Today I noticed people complaining about the new release being buggy and not working, really? Why? I had tested it for hours and hours and couldn’t find any bugs at all!
Turns out, the only people complaining were users of Windows 98. Since I didn’t have Windows 98 I just couldn’t test it properly and I could not replicate the problems. Then a light dawned on me, why not use Virtual PC? I found a dusty old Windows 98 CD I had stowed away amongst a pile of old CDs just waiting to be thrown away, and got to work installing this decade old bug ridden operating system. Finally, a way of testing the Windows 9x-version of Screamer Radio!
After a bit of testing I could see that there were actually two bugs in this release, and they would only show up if you are actually running it on Windows 9x, in Windows XP or Windows Vista the program runs just fine. Took me a few hours but I managed to track down why it wasn’t working properly and managed to fix it, so today I released version 0.4.1.
Hopefully all users will now enjoy a relatively bug free and stable experience which will allow me to concentrate on developing new features.